I decided it would be fun for Angelo to help make a Mother’s Day present for his Grandmas. I picked out coffee mugs since they both like tea/coffee and would be able to use them.
Non-toxic Enamel Paint (or whatever will hold up on ceramic)
Oil Based Permanent Marker
Blank Coffee Mugs
1) Clean the mugs, and wipe surfaces you would like to paint with rubbing alcohol to remove all oils so the paint sticks.
2) Grab your paint and brush and go to town. I used Angelo’s fingerprints to make the flowers then painted the stems and leaves with a brush. *Make sure you don’t paint any surfaces that will be touching food/drink*
3) Follow the directions on the paint- ours said to bake it in the oven for 30 minutes or let cure for 21 days. Yeah, we don’t have 21 days here, so in the oven they went!
4) I added the words in permanent marker after I baked the mugs
5) Smile! Cause you’re all done! (and wrap ‘em up!)